Wood Pepper Mill, Handmade Vintage Style, Spectraply Wood. Steampunk
This vintage style pepper mill has body made from Spectraply Wood in the color called Green Hornet. The body is 4" tall with overall height of 8". Diameter is 2". Grind coarseness is adjusted by thumb screw at top of unit. This classic vintage style will add character to any kitchen or table. The wood is stunning. It may just become the center of conversation at dinner.
My SpectraPly wood is made by taking thin strips of birch hardwood and dying them different colors. These strips are then laminated together to make a colorful block, which I then turn on my lathe to shape the body. This particular color scheme reminds me of a beautiful forest. Stunning.
The metal grind mechanism is available in either Copper or Brass Finish.
Thank you for becoming a customer. There are many folks out there making pepper mills. I am honored for you choosing one of mine. My goal is to make you such a satisfied customer that you will return to let me serve you again and again. My hope is that you will be so blown away by the quality of the product that you purchase, that you won’t go anywhere else for handmade pepper mills. Become a collector of my pepper mills today!
Features included in this order:
• The pepper mill you see in the photographs is the actual pepper mill you are purchasing
• Premium grinding hardware and mechanism
• My sincerest thanks for purchasing my useful art
• A Signed Certificate of Authenticity
• Ships Free in the USA
THE PEPPER MILL SHOWN IN THE PHOTOGRAPHS IS THE ACTUAL PEPPER MILL BEING PURCHASED IN THIS LISTING.
About our Pepper Mills:
Each pepper mill is individually handmade by me, artist-craftsman Alan Huey, in a small shop in Wake Forest North Carolina. Every piece used for the pepper mill body is handpicked with care to match the rustic nature of the pepper mill hardware. Materials consist of; various domestic hardwoods, exotic woods, highly figured burl woods, and tropical hardwoods. The pepper mill body is shaped on a lathe freehand. Each and every pepper mill is one-of-a-kind due to natural variations in the figure of the grain of the wood, natural variations of the coloring of the material and the free handed turning (shaping). Before the pepper mill body is joined with the mechanical hardware it is shaped and smoothed using a 12 – 15 step finishing process depending on the body type. Then the body is polished, buffed and waxed with a hard durable wax to help protect the finish of the body. Each and every step performed by hand. There is no superior quality anywhere.
I use only the finest pepper mill hardware available with hard durable plating and hardened steel or fired ceramic grinding mechanisms. Once the pepper mill body and the mechanical hardware are joined, the pepper mill receives a final buffing to make it shine. My goal is not just to make pepper mills, but to produce beautiful art that is useful.
Whether this pepper mill is a timeless gift for everyday use, or for the discerning collector, my goal is that each piece be not only beautiful and functional, but also exquisite in detail and quality that can ONLY be found handmade at ASH Woodshops. You will be proud to give this pepper mill as a gift or to keep it for your own use. At ASH Woodshops I will not ship anything that I would not be proud to own and use myself. Start your own collection of my pepper mills today!
Every pepper mill is properly packaged and promptly shipped. It will arrive virtually anywhere in the USA in 2-3 business days from shipment. If you need it faster, purchase expedited shipping via USPS Express Mail in addition to this listing purchase the Express mail shipping for writing instruments here:
See ALL Handmade Pepper Mills here: http://etsy.me/1aJsWBE
All Kitchens, Bar and Home Décor: http://etsy.me/10hxAT9
Become a FAN. Like us on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/14UrEkG
Follow on Twitter:
• Superior Quality
• Timeless Tradition
• Always Handmade
• Exquisite Craftsmanship
AN ASH WOODSHOPS ORIGINAL
1-2 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewelry, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on several legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the US
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to an authority with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your authority. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the US, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have several unique rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Alan Huey, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com. Alternately, you may mail me at: Alan Huey, 3019 Sherman Rd., Pebble Beach CA 93953
We work directly with you to determine your exact desires for custom and personalized orders. Once we reach agreement on the full scope of the order, a custom order will be created. The custom order must be paid before any materials or work will begin.
We add the size, colors, and shape description to each listing. Photos are of the actual item as each are made one at a time and each are unique.
Wood items are durable, but should never be submersed in water, or put in dishwasher. This will damage the item. Special care instructions are added where necessary on individual listings.
We do sell some items wholesale, and welcome opportunities for wholesale distribution.
individual listings are difficult to customize, because the listing is the actual item. But the item can be used as reference in creating a custom order that has design features exactly to your desire. about 25% of our sales are custom orders. We are good at it, and our customer are satisfied.